It’s release time at WPSatchel! That means one thing, a brand new shiny release of an awesome product.
That product today is the Maera Foundation Shell. This shell is an extension to our existing Maera Framework and implements the Foundation Framework to your WordPress site. With the Shell activated on your site, you’ll be able to use all the classes and markup that Foundation provides and everything will be styled exactly as you’d expect.
Like with all our Shells, Maera Foundation utilizes the WordPress Customizer and includes a raft of customization options.
To find out more about the Maera Foundation Shell, check out the project page here.
If you’re an existing customer, you can login and download the new Shell today!
Here at WPSatchel, we’ve been working on some exciting updates that we’d like to share with you. The purpose of this blog post is to share our near-term roadmap and get feedback from our users.
Over the coming months the Marea framework will see a range of improvements that will both improve its usability and performance. They are:
- Removal of the Timber plugin being bundled, this decision wasn’t an easy one. While it provides a simpler UX and doesn’t require anyone to install a plugin, it’s also clunky keeping up to date with keep updating the library to the latest version and conflicts when developers may want to utilize or require their own version of the Timber library.
- Moving all settings to the WordPress customizer – Currently, there are some settings that are duplicated between theme options and the WordPress customizer, we plan on removing the duplicated settings and updating the shell selection so that when a shell is selected in the customizer, it’ll auto reload. Rather than requiring you to save and reload the customizer as it does now.
- General code refactoring and clean-up
- Core styling improvements and changes with the addition of other template files for attachment pages
- Updated and improved integration with WooCommerce
These are just some of the improvements coming to Maera with more improvements planned.
- There are plans to release 1 new shell a month for Maera starting at the end of September.
- New Maera child themes aimed at WooCommerce store owners and developers.
- New plugins both specifically for Maera and non-related, our first is due to be released within the next 3 weeks, stay tuned for an announcement!
We also have a range of other changes coming including a new blog focusing on WordPress tutorials and news, along with a range of technical tutorials aimed specifically at developing with Maera and Twig + Timber.
We hope you like what we have planned and if you have any feedback, be sure to let us know!